Blount Culinary Corner: Spicy Mac & Cheese with Bacon
Cold has descended across the country and pro football playoffs are in full swing, so it felt like a good time to visit comfort food in the Blount Culinary Corner. Here is a simple recipe for making bone-warming spicy mac & cheese. The recipe can be scaled up or down, allowing you to feed just you, or a house filled with crazy football fans.
- Mac & cheese (already prepared)
- Bacon (diced and cooked crisp)
- A touch of minced jalapeno peppers (amount depends on how hot you like it)
- Begin with heated mac & cheese.
- Add diced bacon and the appropriate amount of jalapenos for desired spiciness.
- Mix and place in a casserole dish.
- Garnish with extra bacon and a few slices of jalapeno.
- Bake in a 350-degree convection over until slightly brown (about 5-10 minutes depending on the depth of your serving container).